If you'd like to send and receive e-mail but don't want to bother learning about or paying for a computer, the MailBug may be perfect for you. With the MailBug, checking your e-mail is a easy as pressing a single button.
To set up the MailBug, we connected the AC power and plugged in the telephone line cord. The MailBug's screen came to life and instructed us to press a button so that it could call a toll-free number to set the date and time. After setting the time, the MailBug informed us that we had new e-mail. Without checking the manual, we intuitively determined how to view, read, reply to, and later compose e-mail. (When you receive your MailBug, you must obtain an e-mail address and sign up for Landel Telecom's proprietary e-mail/Internet service by calling the customer support number included in the box.
The MailBug has 61 main keys, 8 function keys above the main keyboard, and 12 menu buttons next to the LCD screen. Typing on the full-size keyboard is fast and easy. The Shift keys and functions keys are conveniently placed and all the keys were responsive and comfortable as we typed our messages.
While browsing the onscreen menus, we discovered the Services function, which let us view headline news and look up stock quotes. We also located the built-in phone book, which allowed us to create and save names and phone numbers. The entire process was straightforward and intuitive.
Additional features include an e-mail address book and caller ID with a 100-call history and automatic "display and dial." A status LED blinks rapidly to indicate that the phone is ringing and blinks slowly to indicate new caller-ID calls or voice-mail messages. (A subscription to caller ID and voice mail is optional through your phone company.) The documentation, which is easy for novice users to understand, completely explains how to compose, send, receive, and manage e-mail.
If you don't want a PC but you do want to send and receive e-mail, the MailBug from Landel Telecom is an easy-to-use alternative.
Note: We have recently found that BellSouth is no longer registering Mailbugs. The unit will need to be reprogrammed so it can be registered through Landel (the manufacturer). Several of our customers who have recently purchased our Mailbugs have found it easy to reprogram them through calling Landel Customer Service. Landel's Customer Service can be reached at (408) 360-0490 Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm California time.
Please contact us or Landel before purchasing with any questions you may have.
All sales final, unless DOA.
- Send and receive e-mail with an ordinary phone line
- Caller ID with name, number, time, and date
- Auto-dialing phone directory with 100 names and numbers
- Full-size QWERTY keyboard
- Get quick and easy access to news, sports scores, stock quotes, weather, and more; for use in United States; not compatible for use in Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands
No Hassle Return Policy & PC Certified Guarantee
Rest assured, if you order the wrong items, don't like the model, or just don't need it anymore we accept returns with NO restocking fees. Whether you want something different or just a credit, we have you covered! This policy goes hand in hand with our company culture of delivering outstanding customer satisfaction.
If you need assistance finding a different product our awesome staff is ready to help. Contact us for expert support.
- Item(s) must be returned within 30 days from invoice date.
- Item(s) must be received in original condition preferably in the same packing materials.
- Item(s) should be securely packed for safe return.
- The purchaser is responsible for all shipping costs and insurance.
- Products usually ship within two business days after payment. If you have a rush order, or need an item delivered on Saturday please call to request faster shipping.
- All products are shipped and delivered on business days.
- Fixed or free shipping offer does not apply to items shipped on pallets, please call for rates on those items. Free shipping offers only apply to the continental US.