The TOA D-4 is a 19" rack mountable, four input stereo mixer especially designed for electronic music. The D-4 is ideal for live use, home recording, or broadcast work.
Each of the D-4's inputs features a writing block for identifying the input source, a trim control with a range of 34dB, an LED clip indicator, an Aux (auxiliary) send (internally switchable from post-EQ to pre-EQ, and selectable on the front panel between pre-fader and post-fader), an Effects send (post-fader/post-EQ), concentric bass and treble controls, and concentric stereo pan and volume controls. The D-4's output section features master level controls for both Effects and Aux sends, master level controls to return Effect and Aux to mono sum and to stereo L&R with pan, master volume controls for stereo L&R and mono sum, a switch to derive the mono sum from either pre-fader or post-fader stereo busses, and LED clip indicators for L, R, and Sum outputs. The head phone output jack is also located on the front panel, along with the head phone volume control and cue select switch.
The rear panel of the D-4 features RCA and 1/4" phone input jacks, accessory patch points (switchable internally from post-fader/post-EQ to pre-fader/pre-EQ), and direct outputs for each input channel. In addition, input channel 4 is equipped with a balanced XLR input and switchable 48 volt phantom power. The stereo L&R outputs are 1/4" phone jacks and RCA jacks, while the mono sum out features an XLR electronically balanced output with ground lift switch, and a 1/4" phone jack. Stereo L&R and Sum outputs all feature accessory patching, and there is a separate 1/4" phone input direct to the mono sum buss.
- Four input channels, total ten input channels when combined with D-4E
- MIDI Thru circuitry with one MIDI In jack and four MIDI Thru jacks (total eight
- MIDI Thru jacks when combined with D-4E) for convenience and protection against data loss or delay
- Stereo Left and Right outputs with both RCA and 1/4" jacks
- Five busses (Stereo L, R, Eff, Aux, and Sum) for maximum flexibility
- Independent Eff and Aux return to Stereo L&R and to Sum
- Individual accessory patch points for Stereo L&R and Sum for best signal-to noise ratio
- Sum output features electronically balanced XLR connector and unbalanced 1/4" phone jack
- Head phone monitoring for Stereo L&R, Sum, Eff, and Aux
- Pushbutton circuit breaker for protection
- 19" rack mounting bracket included is removable for use outside of rack